Monday, June 22, 2009

"MAGIC TILE LIQUIDATORS!" or "MAGIC TILE RIDE!"

Way back in CHARLATAN BALL ISSUE #2, Chuck and Caesar found themselves in a hooka-inspired, India-like landscape. I had an idea that didn't quite make it into the book of Chuck purchasing a flying magic "tile", instead of the typical magic carpet. I wanted it to be like a carpet or tile liquidators warehouse. But, the book being 18 pages, this little tangent didn't make the cut. What ELSE didn't make the cut? These development sketches for that issue inside the CHARLATAN BALL TRADE PAPERBACK, finally available for sale the week of San Diego Comic Con! These would've been fun to see in there, but truth be told, we had so many sketches, roughs and other special treats just for the TPB, so I thought I'd share these here.

But what you should be asking yourself is: "if THESE didn't make it in, then what DID?!"

3 comments:

marco's blog said...

wow! such good stuff! that kirby commission kills too

Heather Berry said...

Lol, I love the flying tile idea. Been following your blog for a while, guess I have been to shy to comment but I gotta say your work is just awesome!

wolfboy said...

Thanks for the kind words, Heather! Loved your clay turnaround on your site.

Please! Comment away!